Translate

Thursday 19 November 2020

RECICLOS - a cautiously optimistic update

 

Here is the latest on the recycling app available here on Menorca!  After having successfully scanned and emptied my virtual and real bin, I received points.  When there are 10 points you have the chance to spin the wheel of fortune!  I did this and won a prize which I went and collected this morning from "Sa Cooperativo del Camp" on the poligono in Ciutadella:  This is what I got!

I chose cheese to go with my veggies









 All the fruit and vegetables are from Menorca.
 
You can also give some of your points to the causes associated with RECICLOS,  which I think is a terrific idea! 

So far so good with the app, The only downside at the moment is that when I have tried to add "own Brand" water from the supermarkets it did not count!  Maybe it is because it is a relatively new thing and these are just "teething problems" (I will probably investigate further!)

I understand that plastic is here to stay but if we can at least buy stuff in containers that can actually be recycled then maybe the producers will see that their things are not selling, they may realise that they should change the packaging,  At the end of the day money is always behind everything. We as consumers can change things, they want us to buy their goods!!!!  so as Citizen Smith (in case you youngsters out there don´t know who this is, it is a comedy show from 1977) would say "Power to the people"

On that note I will give you the blog song for today: "Basket Case" by Greenday

TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment