Translate

Monday 1 March 2021

RECICLOS- Latest update - not a success


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the whole thing. It has been quite some time since the service was introduced and there have been no improvements to the app or how you access it.

They give you the address to get the "App" but from day one it has not been an actual App, but a link from their website which unless you keep it constantly open ( I found this to be the best way) on your phone is a nuisance to keep finding and logging in..I keep the window open on safari so that it is always available.

The second problem I have constantly come across is that some things cannot be counted as recycled.  I found it a little strange that a 5Ltr bottle of Viladrau (Nestle)was not part of the program but Aquabona (CocaCola) was. I did write to customer service in November 2020 and they informed me that " at the moment it is only possible to scan drink bottles up to 3ltr, they hope to be able to include 5ltrs in the program.  This is when I did the experiment with the different brands of water.

In the beginning there were more possibilities to use the points redeemed, but now there is one cause to contribute them too and 2 competitions. They don´t seem to have updated the app since the very  beginning.

Thirdly, when you actually get to the bin in which you wish to place the stuff it is not too easy to do it, the qr code doesn´t always work, and the app has frozen quite a few times.

I can understand why not a lot of people have joined this program, and why the people that have joined it have given up using it.

It is such a shame that it didn´t take off, because it could have been brilliant.

I do keep using it but I wonder how much longer it will go on for.

With so much contradictory information going around about what you can and cannot place in the recycling containers and what actually happens to them at the plant that I am not surprised that people are losing interest.

A prime example is yoghurt containers(the smaller ones aimed at kids) according to sources in the UK and the USA these cannot be recycled but here in Spain we are being told to put them in the yellow plastic containers and they will be used to make other plastic products.

Crisp packets (the foil lined ones) are not often recycled or accepted because of the way they are made which makes it difficult to separate out the plastic from the aluminium, this is the general consensus in the UK and USA but not here in Spain.

The best that I can do is to carry on avoiding these products, try to buy more glass and canned goods and keep trying to get the message out!

The blog song for today is: " Should I stay or should I go" by The Clash


TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment