Translate

Sunday 10 January 2021

Cutting down on plastic, refill used containers with your own home made products! No 1. Fabric Conditioner

 Homemade Fabric Softener Recipes | ThriftyFun As you know I have been looking for ways to avoid buying stuff in plastic containers and have also been searching for ways to make my own products.  I have come across an easy recipe for Fabric conditioner, which I have tried and it does work! This means that I can reuse any plastic bottle over and over again, terrific for the planet, and also for saving money! 

The most expensive ingredient was the essential oil, but if you check out an earlier blog you will see there is a use for it for making home made reusable wipes.  I will also be giving more tips for home made products soon, so it will be needed again.  I have also bought Orange essential oil which smells heavenly!

Ingredients:

330ml Hair Conditioner (any type, obviously palm oil free would be the best)

375ml Distilled White Vinegar (or Malt Vinegar will do)

750ml Warm Water

20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil

Utensils:

Air Tight Container

Large Bowl

Whisk

Method:

Put the Hair conditioner in the bowl, add the vinegar and the water.  Whisk until fully combined then pour into the airtight container.

65ml for each wash should do the trick.

I can also say that this product is fully Zero KM! 

The blog song for today is : " December 1963" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (brings back memories of dancing around our handbags 1975 style)


TTFN




   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment