Translate

Friday 13 November 2020

Looking for ways to shop without buying more plastic! First attempt!

 So far I have found three shops in Ciutadella which offer a variety of products that you can buy loose.  All I had to do was take some of my own containers ( I used old chinese takeaway tubs) to put the stuff .in.  The first place I went to was in a row of shops in the arches near the Cathedral (Ses Voltes)

What a selection of stuff they have!  There are many things typical of Menorca and made in Menorca too, as you enter on the left side is a complete wall of dispensers, filled with many things from breakfast cereals to lentils, pastas and rices to name but a few.  On the right hand side is a tea section, then a spice section with a table in the middle filled with compartments of nuts!  


Over the back are the spices.

The process is quite simple, first the nice lady weighs your container, then you put however much you want in, it gets weighed then, done!  And when you have finished you leave with some nice things and also feeling good with yourself for not buying any new plastic!!

 


 

My next stop was a local store which sells frozen produce by weight, so it is the same set up there, it also sells a lot of fruit and veg from Menorca.  It is situated near the Plaza Menorca on the corner.


I take my own mesh bag (thank you Lidl) and put my fruit and veg in it, the lady only has seasonal fruit in there(at the moment it´s apples) but boy is it worth waiting for!

Products from Menorca



Products from Menorca and elsewhere, everything is clearly labelled as to its origin.


My last port of call was also near the Plaza Menorca, up near the church it´s called Camamilla, it´s great, they have a great range of products in there, 



Take your own container and they will fill it for you, great value too, all eco products!

Their range of infusions is enormous and they have a great selection of environmental beauty products too.

Today I only needed some bubble bath;

It smells lovely and for a mere 1,35 for 500ml good value.

So I can say that todays first adventure was a success!  

My blog song for today is: "Disco 2000" by Pulp  your house was very small with woodchip on the wall, classic!


TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment